The benefits offered by Sir Robert McAlpine:
- A defined contribution stakeholder pension scheme for all employees, with matched contributions from the employer.
- Private medical insurance: employer-paid for all employees. Staff members are able to pay to add spouse and children.
- Group income protection: available through an employee’s annual flexible benefits allowance or on an optional remuneration basis.
- Dental insurance: available through an employee’s annual flexible benefits allowance or on an optional remuneration basis.
- Eyecare: Costs for eye tests are reimbursed and a contribution from the employer is provided if appropriate for spectacles or lenses.
- Critical illness insurance: available through an employee’s annual flexible benefits allowance or on an optional remuneration basis.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP).
- Mental health first aiders: 120 across the organisation.
- A car allowance dependent on an individual’s level within the organisation, which increases as they rise up the levels.
- Family First policy, which offers 26 weeks paid leave for mothers or fathers through birth, adoption or surrogacy. It includes carers leave, fertility treatment, and miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- 25 days holiday, building up to 30 in the first five years of service.
- Sabbatical bank: employees are able to save annual leave and bank it for a sabbatical at a later date.
- An extra day’s leave in the month of an employee’s birthday.
- Holiday trading up to a maximum of five days.
- Trade discount for home refurbishments.
- Employee recognition scheme for which staff receive vouchers.
- Scholarship opportunities and support for individuals completing chartership qualifications.
- Sports or social club for membership fee.
- Incentive pay or performance-related pay dependent on level in organisation.
- Interest-free loans.