AXA, Croydon Council (pictured), and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) were just some of the winners commended at the Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI) Awards.
The awards, which took place on 10 July 2018 at the Law Society, recognised organisations with a commitment to good practice, above and beyond legal compliance, which have innovative approaches that will inspire other employers.
The winners had demonstrated clear responses to specific challenges, definitive and measurable outcomes, and evidence of the significant impact of their initiatives.
Awards were given to 19 organisations in 15 categories, with a further 11 organisations achieving Highly Commended recognition.
In May 2018, ENEI launched its new Talent Inclusion and Diversity Evaluation (TIDE), a self-assessment and benchmarking tool that measures an organisation’s approach to and progress with diversity and inclusion. The tool assesses a number of key areas, including workforce, strategy, recruitment, and communication.
At the event, it was announced that five organisations had met ENEI’s gold standard in this benchmarking system: HS2, Department for International Development, Pernod Ricard, DWF and Ministry of Justice.
The full list of categories and winners is as follows:
- Overall winner, private sector, sponsored by Heathrow: ISS UK and Ireland
- Overall winner, public sector, supported by NHS Employers: Croydon Council
- Small employer of the year: Freeths
- Global diversity, sponsored by Global Diversity Practice: Sage Group
- Inclusive culture, private sector, supported by NHS Employers: ISS UK and Ireland
- Inclusive culture, public sector, supported by NHS Employers: Department for Work and Pensions
- Advancing social mobility in the workplace, private sector: Freeths
- Advancing social mobility in the workplace, public sector: Ministry of Justice
- Disability confident, sponsored by Department for Transport: AXA
- Pay gap: Environment Agency
- Team of the year, sponsored by Personnel Today: HMRC
- Employee network group 2018, private sector, sponsored by CA Technologies: IBM UK
- Employee network group 2018, public sector, sponsored by CA Technologies: Department for Transport
- Personal achievement: Gurdeep Singh, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Impact through innovation, sponsored by My Family Care: City of Glasgow College
- Agile working: Bristows
- Apprenticeships, sponsored by HM Land Registry: Croydon Council
- Inclusive procurement, sponsored by Qlearsite: HS2
- Representative workforce, sponsored by Qlearsite: Home Office
- Equality and inclusion senior champion of the year: Sam Daly, Jacobs
- Community impact, sponsored by Buzzacott: Clarion Housing Group and Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust