Recently the government have announced a new plan that by 2030, all new cars being sold will be electric. This is part of a plan to help improve the UK’s carbon footprint and includes a funding boost for environmental efforts.
£20 million is being invested in the UK design and development of clean maritime technology, £15 million to support the early development of new industrial plants in the UK, and £3 million for a sustainable aviation fuel cleaning house.
Finally, £3 million will go to support the introduction of new electric and hydrogen planes, and £1 million to a new e-bike hire scheme so that more people can benefit from the use of an e-bike.
But why is this initiative so important?
Increasing CO2 emissions are responsible for shrinking water supplies, increasing incidents of severe weather, changes in food supply, and geographical changes.
Whilst it’s great that the government are acting on this, there is still plenty you can do to help on a citizen level. Some examples are:
- Minimize your energy use – it sounds simple, and you will have heard it dozens of times, but if you’re not using your electric then turn it off
- Switch to energy-efficient– if you can make it energy efficient, then do. It’s an easy, quick way to do your part
- Conserve water by having shorter showers – the worry of dwindling water supplies is growing, so just cutting down your morning shower can help
- Use reusable canvas shopping bags instead of paper ones – the use of paper bags is an improvement on plastic, but reusable is the way to go!
- Buy local produce where possible and look into starting your own produce garden – not only does this cut down on the amount of delivery trucks on the road but it’s also a fun outlet and a way to bond with the family.
And finally, travel smarter by using public transport, walking or biking where possible and buying electric when it comes to your next car. Which brings us to where our Car Scheme can help you.
Our car scheme at Caboodle Technology is run in conjunction with Tusker. Tusker’s Car Benefit Scheme is the cheapest way to an Electric Vehicle. The average driver could save up to £320 per month with this scheme.
Through the Car Scheme, employees can choose a car from a wide variety of models and manufacturers, with any manufacturer discounts thrown in too.
The car is provided at a fixed cost that takes care of the maintenance of the vehicle too, including servicing, batteries, and tyres. They will also have comprehensive motor insurance, annual vehicle tax, and European roadside assistance.
The scheme is operated in a way that is cost neutral for employers. Employers can make savings up to £350 per participating employee, per year.
So why is this new funding initiative good news for the Car Scheme?
- Tusker’s green scheme means that using our package is a cheap way to go electric!
- As our employee car scheme helps to spread the cost of buying a car, it makes it easier for people to go for electric cars that may otherwise be out of budget.
- The addition of maintenance means that not only is it easier to buy your car, but it’s also easier to service it and keep up with maintenance too.
- Employee benefits platform use may improve if people are being made aware of Tusker’s car benefit scheme.
For more information on our car scheme and how it can help you to be more environmentally friendly, check out our website: Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme | Caboodle Car Benefit Scheme (caboodle-technology.co.uk)
Get in touch if you have any questions or are interested in the scheme!