HMV and Oxford City Council were among the winners of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) ninth annual Payroll and Pensions Excellence Awards.
The awards took place on 4 October at the Celtic Manor Resort in Wales.
The winners included:
- Team of the year – Oxford City Council.
- Effective use of a payslip as a communications tool – Compupaye Bureau.
- Employer of the year – Armstrong Watson.
- Project of the year – HMV.
- Payroll or HR software product of the year – Cintra HR and Payroll.
- Payroll service provider of the year – MidlandHR.
- Pensions faculty special award – PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC).
Lindsay Melvin, chief executive at the CIPP, said: “It was exciting to celebrate and honour the accomplishments of all the payroll and pensions individuals, teams, organisations and providers that were nominated.
“I would especially like to congratulate all the winners and applaud them for all their hard work and commitment over the last year.”