Ten employers with operations in the UK, including Diageo, NetApp and Teléfonica O2, have been listed among the world’s best places to work.
The Great Place to Work Institute, a global research, consulting and training firm, publishes the 2012 Top 25 World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List.
The 10 UK operations are:
- NetApp (ranked at number three globally)
- Microsoft (ranked at number five globally)
- Autodesk (ranked at number 10 globally)
- Ernst and Young (ranked at number 12 globally)
- Teléfonica O2 (ranked at number 13 globally)
- National Instruments (ranked at number 16 globally)
- General Mills (ranked at number 17 globally)
- Accor (ranked at number 19 globally)
- McDonald’s Restaurants (ranked at number 20 globally)
- Quintiles (ranked at number 23 globally)
Since launching the first Best Companies to Work For lists, in partnership with Fortune magazine in the United States in 1997, Great Place to Work now recognises leading workplaces in more than 45 countries. Qualifying companies for the multinational list must have a significant global presence with at least 40% of their global workforce working outside of the organisation’s home country.
Tom O’Byrne, chief executive at Great Place to Work in the UK, said: “I am delighted that once again so many of the UK’s best workplaces have achieved a place on the best multinational workplaces list.
“With only 25 organisations in the world awarded this prestigious accolade, the achievement of these 10 UK organisations is a testament to their world-beating leadership and commitment to creating a great workplace for their employees. Indeed, it is the support of everyone who works at these organisations which has lead to their recognition as among the world’s best.”