As one of the UK’s biggest home entertainment and communications providers, Sky aims to keep its customers connected, via television, broadband and telephone. It keeps its employees connected through its benefits package.
- Trust-based defined contribution scheme.
- Double-matched employer contributions to a maximum of 8%.
- About 4,000 employees were auto-enrolled on 1 April 2013.
- A healthcare trust, available to all staff.
- Physiotherapy, which is in addition to the trust’s out-patient limit.
- On-site physiotherapy at some locations.
- An employee assistance programme.
- Health screening.
- Group income protection (GIP) linked to the pension and is a percentage of salary for up to five years.
- Pension members receive life assurance at four-times salary. Non-members receive two times salary.
- Sky World package, including access to free films and sports.
- Free broadband.
- Discounted telephone services.
- Tablet and Sky TV purchase via a salary sacrifice arrangement.
- Free access to Wi-Fi through The Cloud.