Something for the weekend…
What a load of jobbledygook! Talent delivery specialists, sorry, recruitment staff, are revamping job titles to make them sound more attractive.
In today’s job market, a number of positions have flash names.
Research by recruitment website Myjobmatcher.com found a number of ridiculously sounding names for jobs.
The wackiest job title was a five-a-day collection operative, which really meant the applicant was looking for a job as a fruit picker.
How about being an education centre nourishment consultant or, simply put, a dinner lady? The list goes on.
The top 10 odd job titles are:
- Five-a-day collection operative – fruit picker.
- Media distribution officer – paper boy.
- Guest services agent – receptionist.
- Highway environmental hygienist – road sweeper.
- Transparency enhancement facilitator – window cleaner.
- Talent delivery specialist – recruiter.
- Brand champion – sales assistant.
- Sanitation engineer – bin man.
- Education centre nourishment consultant – dinner lady.
- Public waste rechnician – toilet cleaner.