BDO Stoy Hayward boosts cycle to work take-up

BDO Stoy Hayward has increased take up of its cycle-to-work scheme by running an extra enrolment period for the first time.

The accountancy firm first launched the scheme to its 3,000 staff in December 2007 when it achieved a 4% take up.

It was offered to staff again in December last year and achieved just 2.5% take-up. But when a second enrolment period was run in May another 1.5% signed up, totalling 4% total for a second year running.

Jane Richards, HR reward manager, said: “This year, we did a mid-year enrolment and it has been very successful. People think about getting fit at this time of year.”

The scheme provider, Halfords, also offered a care plan for each employee that took up the scheme providing a years servicing to keep bikes maintained, while BDO gave staff who enrolled a free helmet.