The benefits offered by The Phoenix Group, excluding Standard Life Assurance:
Pension and protection
- For auto-enrolment purposes, The Phoenix Group provides a defined contribution (DC) pension scheme, matching employee contributions up to 5%. From April 2019, employees contribute a minimum of 2% of their base salary and the organisation contributes 5%, in addition to any matching contributions.
- Income protection is available as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- Life assurance, at four times an employee’s base salary, is offered on an employer-paid basis for all staff.
- Critical illness insurance is available as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- Personal accident insurance is offered as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
Health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance (PMI) is offered on an employer-paid basis for all staff and their partners, equating to £900 of benefit per person, per year. If an employee reduces their PMI to single cover, they receive a monthly rebate for the amount of the partners’ PMI. Employees can upgrade their PMI to include other family members; this is paid for by the employee as part of a flexible benefit scheme.
- Dental care is available as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- All employees are entitled to a free annual eye test.
- Eyecare and treatments are available as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- Vitamin D testing.
- Flu vaccinations.
- Annual health checks.
- Access to an on-site counsellor at The Phoenix Group head office.
- A professional health room to use, for example, for breastfeeding or to complete blood tests.
- Sports and social membership can be paid for by the employee for £6 a month. This provides subsidised rates for activities such as gym access, fitness classes, yoga classes, dance classes and participating in an organisational choir.
- A bikes-for-work scheme.
- An employee assistance programme (EAP).
- Access to mental health first aiders.
- The Phoenix Group head office houses an on-site gym.
- The organisation’s flexible working policy includes part-time working, home working and job sharing.
- Shared parental leave.
- Maternity and paternity leave at statutory rates.
- Carers’ leave.
- Adoption leave.
- Bereavement leave.
- Childcare vouchers.
Discounts and financial benefits
- A car allowance, equivalent to 12% of an employee’s base salary, up to a limit of £15,000, is available for staff in pay bands one and two.
- Employees can buy and sell up to one week of holiday.
- Retail discounts.
- Interest free loans for annual travel passes.
- Mortgage support is available as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- Discounts for electrical goods and technology are included in the flexible benefits package.
- Holiday allowances vary depending on the employees’ pay band. Staff in bands four and five receive 24 days, plus bank holidays, while pay band three receives 26 days in addition to bank holidays, and pay bands one and two receive 28 days as well as bank holidays.
- All employees receive a Christmas and summer half-day off, in addition to their annual leave allowances.
- The Phoenix Group’s head office houses a free restaurant providing healthy food, as well as a subsidised coffee shop.
- Offices are equipped with a prayer room and relaxation room.
- Staff can join a variety of employee networks, including those covering mental health, ethnicity and sexuality.
- Access to a mentoring scheme.
- Will writing is offered as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- On-site tennis courts, as well as a putting green and nature reserve walk, are available at The Phoenix Group head office.
- Employees are given a minimum of 14 hours for volunteering per year.