In The Employer’s Guide to Savings we explore:
- The link between running out of money and financial worries.
- The real savings situation for UK employees and how their low financial resilience is impacting financial wellbeing.
- Why people aren’t saving, and how we can make it easier for them to start and continue a savings habit.
- The relationship between salary and savings levels
- What employers can do to help and how to build a business case for your organisation.
The headlines from the research are:
- 34% of employed Brits regularly run out of money before payday
- Many people have very little financial resilience. Over 30% of people have less than £500 in rainy day savings.
- Age and salary are not major factors in having a savings habit
- Convenience matters. The simpler a savings mechanism makes for people to start, and continue, savings the higher the level of adoption.
Find out more about The Employer’s Guide to Savings