As our Benefits Technology Week, in association with Aon Employee Benefits, draws to a close, it is time to reflect on some of the trends and issues currently shaping this area of the benefits market.
The digital world is constantly evolving, regularly introducing new products and solutions into our daily lives. There is no doubt that these developments are bringing with them a whole host of opportunities and choices that haven’t previously been available.
As a result, employees want, and expect, the same variety and level of service in the workplace. For this reason, the wisest employers would do well to ensure that their reward and benefits offering stays ahead of the curve in order to attract and retain staff, which is where technology can help.
Technology has a significant role to play in motivating and engaging workers because of its ability to reach and engage a wide, diverse audience across different demographics and locations. It can also help enhance the overall digital employee experience, creating an engaging and seamless digital benefits provision for all staff.
Another area in which benefits technology is making a difference is in helping organisations create an inclusive workforce. With numerous advantages for remote workers, those with mobility issues and disabilities, benefits technology can enable employees to tailor their package and experience to their own specific needs, allowing for an inclusive workplace where each employee is able to reap rewards.
Whatever stage you are at, and however you use technology in your organisation, Benefits Technology Week was designed to help take this to the next level through exclusive insights and opinions uncovering best practice in this area. These included:
- Employee engagement: technology versus face-to-face
- Rituals uses technology to keep employees connected
- Dan Lucy: Don’t forget about face-to-face communication
- The role of benefits technology in enhancing the digital employee experience
- University of Lincoln uses benefits technology to enhance employee experience
- Travis Perkins moves benefits and reward online to enhance employee experience
- Antonia Bello: Embracing benefits technology improves employee engagement
- How can benefits technology promote a more inclusive workplace?
- Atos uses engagement hub to offer tailored benefits to diverse workforce
- John Lamb: Assistive technology can create a better workplace for all
- Dom Manley: The technology megatrends that are changing reward, benefits and engagement