Unilever has been recognised as the top employer for family-friendly working in Workingmums.co.uk’s Top Employer Awards.
The multinational consumer goods company was praised for its policies that encourage female career progression and flexible working.
The Top Employer Awards celebrate organisations that promote family-friendly working practices.
The winners were:
- Innovation in flexible working – Unilever.
- Employee engagement – The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- Best for dads – London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Talent attraction – CA Technologies.
- Family support – Barclays Group.
- Top Employers award for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with 1 to 25 employees – Martin Cardy Gardening.
- Top Employers award for SMEs with 26 to 250 employees – Cool2Care CIC.
Gillian Nissim, founder of Workingmums.co.uk, said: “Entries for this year’s awards were very impressive and the judges had long debates over several of the categories.
“It is wonderful to see that employers are still forging forward with innovative policy and practice, despite the tough economic times, and that they completely grasp the business benefits of doing so.”