Our survey, which was carried out in January 2009, received 832 responses from Employee Benefits readers and users of www.employeebenefits.co.uk
- 36% of respondents say the recession will result in greater pressure to introduce tax-efficient benefits via salary sacrifice, while the same percentage (36%) say they will review providers to get a better deal.
- 81% of respondents believe flex recognises the diverse needs and values of the workforce.
- 60% say their flex scheme has successfully promoted employee appreciation/ understanding of benefits.
- 28% allow staff to take up tax-efficient benefits via salary sacrifice making it the most popular way of structuring flex schemes.†
- 91% of respondents offer childcare vouchers through flex, making it the most commonly-included option.
- 40% of respondents do not know how much their flex scheme costs to run per employee per year.
- 64% measure the success of their flexible benefits scheme, with 72% basing this on employee satisfaction levels.
Click on the links below for more sections:
Attitudes to flexible benefits
Structure of flexible benefits schemes
How flexible benefits schemes are administered
Salary sacrifice in flexible benefits
Alternatives to flex plans
Pensions and flex
Sponsors Comment: Realise the full value of flex