Cigna Global Health Benefits Europe has launched a range of health plans designed for rig workers in the oil and gas sector.
The Cigna Energy Plans offer three levels of cover: core, advanced and ultra. Employers can cover employees worldwide with the choice of either including or excluding the US.
Dependents can also be added onto employees’ plans.
The plans cover:
- Chronic conditions as standard for all levels of cover and regardless of the size of the group.
- Pre-existing conditions for groups with more than 10 employees.
- International emergency services, including evacuation and repatriation.
- Inpatient and outpatient cancer treatments.
- MRI and CT scans.
- Multi-lingual medical support teams.
Mark Coleman, regional sales director, Europe at Cigna Global Health Benefits, said: “Cigna’s Energy Plans offer medical evacuation coverage for employees in remote locations, and have been specifically developed to integrate with an [organisation’s] own offshore emergency evacuation facilities.”