Salesforce, Cisco and Hilton named best multinationals to work for in Europe 2020

Salesforce, Cisco and DHL Express among best multinational organisations in Europe

Salesforce (pictured), Cisco and DHL Express are among the organisations that have been named in European’s Best Multinational Organisations to work for in 2020, by Great Place to Work UK.

The full list of 125 organisations in Europe, is based on results from its employee engagement survey and an independent workplace culture audit, which analyses how organisations address areas such as employee perspective, leadership, mental wellbeing and supporting working parents.

Data from 1.5 million employees made up the majority (75%) of an employers’ ranking, while the remainder 25% has come from an in-depth look into business culture and practices.

This year, the accolade has factored in how employers have offered remote and flexible working options to employees, showcasing the flexibility and improving employee experience during turbulent times.

The top five organisations on the Best Workplaces list, in the multinational, large, medium and small categories, are:

Top five multinational organisations:

  1. Salesforce
  2. Cisco
  3. Hilton
  4. Mars
  5. Abbievie

Top five large organisations:

  1. Sparekassen Kronjylland
  2. St. Gereon Seniorendienste
  3. The Sovini Group
  4. Coöperatie DELA
  5. Adesso SE

Top five medium organisations:

  1. Pascoe Naturmedizin
  2. Cygni
  3. Easi
  4. Key Solutions
  5. Umb AG

Top five small organisations:

  1. Regent
  2. Status C AG
  3. Aava & Bang
  4. Viisi
  5. IIH Nordic

Benedict Gautrey, managing director at Great Place to Work UK, said: “In times like this, it is okay for leaders not to have all the answers. In the face of a global pandemic, it is the leaders who strike the right balance between optimism and realism who are the ones supported by their employees.

Sign up to our newsletters

Receive news and guidance on a range of HR issues direct to your inbox

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

“It is critical that we have leadership that keeps businesses and economies trading, a difficult task as we dive into the unknown. The answer is communication. The more leaders can share with their employees, the more trust, appreciation and genuine warmth develops in an organisation, and the more resilient these organisations become.

“So, if you are not already, start communicating. If you already are, do it again. Talk to your teams when you are in doubt. Leaders should look to almost overdo communication, as it is talking that builds transparency and transparency that builds trust. Know that people want to hear the real story and believe that if they can help, they will.”