The benefits offered by The Grand Brighton:
- A master trust pension scheme for auto-enrolment purposes, provided by The People’s Pension, which follows the minimum statutory contribution rates. There are currently 240 eligible employees within this scheme, because some staff work flexibly or are too young to be eligible.
- Managers and supervisors are eligible for a 4% employer pension contribution.
- Death-in-service is provided for all staff within the pension scheme.
Health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance (PMI) is available on an employer-paid basis for heads of department.
- A health cash plan is provided to all staff who work eight hours or more per week, offering cash back on certain treatments, up to the value of £200. This is employer-paid for individual employees, but staff can pay to add family members or enhance their policy.
- Free eye tests are offered to visual display unit (VDU) users.
- Bikes-for-work scheme.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP)
- Enhanced sick pay is available for up to 60 days, dependent on contract and length of service.
- Workplace nursery available via operational remuneration arrangement (Opra).
- Childcare vouchers.
- Two-weeks of fully paid paternity leave.
- An enhanced maternity leave policy of up to 10 weeks of fully paid leave for employees with at least one year of service.
- Shared parental leave.
Pay and bonus
- Employees in sales-based roles, such reservations and reception, are part of a commission and incentive structure.
- Technology and mobile phones offered via Opra.
- Car parking.
- Holiday buy and sell.
- Full-time employees receive 28 days of holiday, including bank holidays; this can increase to 33 days holiday with long service, rising by one day a year.
- On-duty staff can receive a free meal.
- A 35% discount across all of The Grand Brighton’s facilities, including the restaurant, spa and bar.
- Entry-level English lessons for non-UK staff.
- An app-based reward and recognition programme that allows for public peer-to-peer thanks and top-down points-based rewards from managers, and an annual awards event.
- Once a new employee has successfully completed a 13-week probationary period, they can receive £50 for referring a friend. This scheme will be reviewed in 2020 to enhance the benefit if the new employee stays for more than a year.
- Employees can take a paid volunteering day.
- The Grand Brighton will match 10% of an employee’s charity fundraising up to a cap of £100.
- For individuals paying for their own education, The Grand Brighton will contribute £100 towards course materials.
- Staff receive long-service awards after five, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years. Rewards include overnight stays, an extra week’s holiday and various experiences; typically, the longer an employee’s tenure, the bigger the award.