The benefits offered by CGI UK:
Pensions, pay and group risk
- A contract-based group personal pension (GPP), defined contribution (DC) scheme is used for auto-enrolment when employees reach two months of service. Minimum contributions are 9%, with at least 3% contributed by employees and 6% provided by CGI UK. This increases depending on staff contributions; for example, an individual that contributes 10% will receive 10% from CGI UK, to create a 20% total.
- Group income protection is provided as a core benefit.
- Personal accident insurance is offered as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- As part of an all-employee scheme, staff receive a bonus if their business unit achieves its target.
- Life assurance equating to four times an employee’s base salary is offered on an employer-funded basis. Employees can then self-fund up to an additional four times their salary.
Health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance (PMI) is provided on an employer-funded basis for all employees. Staff can pay to add family members or dependants, and family cover is employer-paid for those at vice president level and above.
- Dental care is offered as an employee-paid flexible benefit for all staff. As at April 2019, 17% of CGI UK employees have taken up this benefit.
- Eyecare is offered on an employer-funded, optional basis for all staff.
- Critical illness insurance is provided as an employee-paid flexible benefit.
- A bikes-for-work scheme.
- A cancer check programme is provided on an employee-paid basis.
- Employer-funded, half-day health assessments are offered to those at director level or above.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP), including access to counselling.
- Mental health first aiders.
- Access to a full-time occupational nurse as part of the Oxygen wellbeing programme.
- Flu jabs in the winter months.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Skills training for employees on maternity leave.
- The first six weeks of maternity leave are paid at either 90% of average earnings or full salary, whichever is higher. CGI UK then provides 12 weeks of leave at full pay for employees with two or more years of service.
- Paternity leave is available at full pay for the first week, and then at 50% of salary for the second week of leave, for staff with two or more years’ service.
- The organisation’s Parental Support Community provides coaching and support before, during and after a family-related career break.
- An additional 10 days of paid leave, taken as two days a year over a fiv- year period, is provided for staff who return to CGI UK following four months or more of maternity, adoption or shared parental leave. This leave can be booked in advance, for example for childcare purposes, or retroactively, such as when a child is taken ill.
- A retail discount scheme.
- Season ticket loans.
- A technology purchase scheme.
- A cash or car allowance is offered on an employer-funded basis for employees at management level or above.
- An employee share purchase scheme.
- Travel insurance.
- A will writing service.
- The organisation runs a ‘bring your daughter to work day’ to encourage more women into science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers.
- All staff are entitled to a paid volunteering day.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities.
- A minimum of 25 days of holiday, with the ability to buy or sell five additional days per year. In 2018, 22% of employees bought or sold holiday.
- Food services including sandwich vans, as well as full catering and canteens, depending on operating site and shift pattern.
- Sports and social clubs.