Car insurance organisation Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe, bakery chain Greggs (pictured) and insurance agency Tesco Underwriting were among the employers recognised at the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD) North East of England HR and Development Awards 2019.
Held on Thursday 20 June 2019 and now in its 13th year, the event celebrates HR and development talent at businesses based in the North East of England.
The full list of winning organisations are:
- Excellence in health and wellness: Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe.
- Excellence in resourcing and talent management: Nissan Motor Manufacturing UK.
- Excellence in organisational development: Connect Health.
- Excellence in supporting Armed Forces talent: Caterpillar Peterlee.
- HR and development excellence in small to medium enterprises (SMEs): Bazaar Group.
- Excellence in employability and diversity: Home Group.
- Excellence in people development: Greggs.
- HR and development team of the year: Tesco Underwriting.
Andy Preacher, people and culture director UK at Aioi Nissay Dowa Europe, said: “It may be a cliché, but our people really do make the difference. Focusing on employee wellbeing is, therefore, crucial and we are delighted to receive this award in recognition of our latest initiatives in this area.
“We have invested heavily in the North East and will continue to create innovative programmes which are modern, flexible and personal and which allow us to provide the best possible employee experience, which, in turn, serves our customers’ needs.”